Heh! I had hoped/wished for the Grand Prize of RM50k + a Family trip to Tokyo Disneyland for 4... but we got the Consolation Prize in the end!

2 months ago i sent in about 9 photos of Hannah early years for the Dumex 50th Year Aniversary Competition.. "Si Manja Paling Ceria" Contest. A rep called several weeks later saying I had won a camera for my efforts and will courier the prize to me... though, i still don't know which picture won.

I received it today... a Panasonic Lumix Entry Level Camera (Model LS80), which will replace my parents aging digital Casio... Since it's entry level, the build is a bit plasticky... but the functions all look good... way better then any entry level Olympus i have seen... + this camera has 8MP & AntiShake!

Not too bad lah... it was only a RM20 investment! (wash photos, envelops & stamps) and it got me a RM549 return! (the supposed value of said camera)


I also recently purchased a replacement camera for the one which was Stolen/Lost in Redang. The insurance claim gave us RM850, enough to buy us a brand NEW! Canon Ixus 860IS - one model up from the one stolen (Canon Ixus 850IS)... I didn't want to fork out an additional RM300 for the very latest model as this looks good enough... hopefully i won't regret this decision!


woo... lot's of digital cameras in the house... & Hannah will get my parents Casio digital camera when i exchange the Panasonic with them, as the current one she's playing with seems to be giving up the ghost!

0 comments: